Vail Resorts launches new Echo Website
Vail Resorts launched the Vail Resorts Echo web site, VailResortsEcho.com, to better educate and engage guests and employees about the Company's comprehensive sustainability efforts aimed at both protecting the beautiful natural resources that surrounds the resorts and helping build stronger communities. Vail Resorts Echo encompasses environmental stewardship, charitable giving and community engagement.
"We are thrilled to launch the new "Echo" web site. The new site provides a wealth of information on Vail Resorts' goals and ideals of our entire corporate stewardship effort for our stakeholders," said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer for Vail Resorts. "Making the Echo information accessible to everyone online helps support our goal that Vail Resorts Echo will continue to reverberate positively in the places where we live, work and play for generations to come."
VailResortsEcho.com gives employees and guests a place to learn about Vail Resort's charitable and operational programs that help the environment and build stronger communities, including important non-profit partnerships and the company's commitment to these initiatives.
Some highlights include:
- The Company's focus on healthy forests and clean water through its partnership with the US Forest Service and the National Forest Foundation on the Hayman Restoration Partnership, the state's largest forest restoration project, and one of the largest public-private partnerships of its kind in the country.
- Target 10%: The Company's program that aims to significantly reduce energy consumption with a stated goal of a 10 percent reduction by the end of 2010.
- Vail Resorts partnership with the National Forest Foundation, the non-profit arm of the U.S. Forest Service, that has raised $1.7 million since the program's inception in 2006 for local conservation projects.
- Important information for non-profits interested in learning more about the Vail Resorts grant process.
- Pictures, video and stories about our employees and their dedication to volunteering. In the last year, Vail Resorts employees donated more than 2000 collective hours.
VR Echo will continue to engage employees as part of the Company's corporate stewardship efforts. A special section dedicated to employees only, The Employee Echo Center, will help the Company better engage employees to be a part of Vail Resorts' corporate stewardship efforts. The new site gives employees a place to learn about the non-profits that are important to them, share stories and view pictures of employees truly making a difference. In addition to the information that the Company is sharing with guests and community partners, the Employee Echo Center section will help employees in each of our locations find opportunities to volunteer in community activities and provide feedback on the Echo program.