Tap into our energy
Energy innovation comes naturally if you're surrounded by all the resources you need. In Colorado, you'll find an unmatched combination of smart, skilled people, leading federal energy labs and research universities, supportive energy policy, and dependable natural resources. All in a strategic location that's a flight away from global cleantech markets.
This comes together to make Colorado North America's cleantech hub. Our state is home to companies such as Vestas, SMA Solar Technology, REpower USA, and RES-Americas. They know ideas – and cleantech business – thrive in our energetic atmosphere.
Colorado's newest renewable energy facility is already growing. The current 67-megawatt Colorado Highlands Wind project, from which Tri-State receives 100 percent of the power, is expanding to 91 megawatts. Construction is expected to commence in July and be completed this fall.
- April 04, 2014 — Register: State of DIA, April 29, 2014
- April 04, 2014 — Cool Planet closes $100M Series D financing
- April 03, 2014 — NREL’s work with U.S. Navy reduces costs and energy
- April 01, 2014 — CU Leeds: Colorado business confidence remains positive
- March 27, 2014 — NREL's ESIF named Lab of the Year